Travel Packing Checklist – For Making The Most Out Of Your Backpack
Traveling revives our soul and provides a perfect escape from all the monotony and humdrum of our regular life. The perfect escape, however, would not be perfect if we miss the basic things we would need while traveling. Here is a travel packing checklist for you to help you pack everything you would need while traveling.
The first step is to choose your luggage bag, whether you want to go for a travel backpack or a carry-on luggage. The most important thing to remember is, ‘Travel light, but include all the essential items. Never, I repeat, never over pack.’
Travel Packing Checklist:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Foreign Exchange Card
Documents: Important documents relating to identification:
- Bank Statements
- Aadhar Card (For Indian Nationals)
- Driving License (Indian/ International)
Do not forget to take a few copies of these documents along with the originals.
A packing tip: Buy lightweight suitcase/ backpack/ any other luggage bag but make sure it can survive rough handling, just in case.
Other documents: Other documents relating to the trip:
- Printed Itinerary
- Printed copies of your tickets and reservations, just in case
- Passport size pictures
Clothing: Clothing really depends on the climate of the place you are traveling to and the number of days you intend to travel.
- Comfortable T-shirts, Tank Tops/ Tops, Shirts
- Loose Pants, three fourths, leggings, etc
- At least one pair of jeans (Just in case you get yourself a date :P)
- A lot of underclothes
- Comfortable Walking Shoes, Hiking Shoes
- Flip Flops/ Sandals
- Jackets, thermals, gloves, scarves, in case of cold climate
- Swimsuit/ Trunks, if would be needed
A packing tip: Roll your clothes instead of folding them to save more space.
Toiletries and related products: Although basic toiletries are available almost everywhere, some people choose to use their own.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Body Wash, Shampoo, Conditioner, Face Wash
- Deodorant/ Perfumes
- Towel and comb
- Sunscreen Lotion with SPF
- Day and Night Creams
- Skin care wipes
- Lip Balm
- Q-Tips and Cotton
- Nail cutter and filer
- For men, shaving kit
- For women, Sanitary Pads and other female hygiene products
- Odomos/Any other insect repellant
- Hand Sanitizers and handkerchiefs
A packing tip: Carry an extra bag for your used clothes/ underclothes, etc.
You might also like to read – How to stay fit while traveling?
Other basic stuff:
- Earphones/ Headphones/ Speakers
- Cell Phone Charger and Power Banks
- Camera, Memory Cards and Tripod
- Sunglasses and Hat
- Watch/ Smart Watch
- For women, their make-up essentials, scarf and light jewelry, hair bands/ bobby pins
- Umbrella and Raincoat, if needed
- Sleep kit including neck pillows, ear plugs and eye masks
- Small bag to be used as a daypack
- Personal Diary/ Travel Journal and Pen
- Prescribed medicine, altitude sickness pills and a small first aid kit
- Travel Lock
- Any books or novels to read
- Water Bottle
- Any food items
- Laundry kit
If you plan to go to camping, other outdoor adventure etc: In addition to above,
- Sleep bag/ Personal tent
- Air mattress and pump
- Sleeping sheet
- Folding chairs/ Tables
- Stove, pan, plates, bowls, etc
- Raw food for cooking
You can download the editable version of the above checklist and print it out for yourself – Checklist.
I have tried my best to include almost all the essential items in the above checklist. Remember, it is better to plan and use a checklist than forgetting something and regretting later.